Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Acquisition

As my OJT adventures come to an end, one of my last work assignments would be all about acquisition and IT works.

So what did I do in Acquisition?

Basically I was given a list of books to find in the database. I just looked into the Library Database of BSP and typed the said book/s and if the library has the same details as in the list then I write "Record found". Otherwise I write "Not Found" or the copy the library has for example if the list said Economics that was published in 2015 and the library has the book but it was published 2004, I write in the list that the library has the 2004 edition of the book.

After checking if the book is there, I go to Amazon and see the price of each book. As much as possible I was assigned to look for the brand new copies.

Honestly I was given the easiest job because I was only at most 10 hours away from finishing my OJT and if ever I was assigned to do something more tedious I won't get the chance to do other library works.

**"The library has other databases besides InMagic" said my supervisor during that time Sir Rothman Lim. "I basically check ALL of them which is really time consuming and tedious".

"Afterwards I not only look at Amazon for book prices but the baseline of prices is Amazon to avoid poachers (those who put up higher prices for the same book)."

Library Database

Inputing a new book to find

No comments:

Post a Comment