Monday, July 25, 2016

Circulation Nation

So my first work assignment was to do shelf reading for the entire collection on the second floor in EFLC. I was the only OJT during that time and there was only one out-source but she was doing cataloging work thus I was all alone doing shelf reading.
ME VS THE SHELVES

Honestly, it was boring as hell. I was reading the call number, mumbling to myself whether the arrangement is correct, move the book to the proper place, and check if the book's plastic cover is still doable or if it needs to be replaced by a new plastic cover.

Technically the collection isn't as vast but for a special library it has a lot of collection--most of which are reports of statistical and/economical findings about the Philippines.


The number of shelves that contain the books of the EFLC that I was shelf reading were 7 or 8 shelves.

I ended my shelf reading when there was two or three shelves because my supervisor during that time Miss Manalo told me to do preservation.

No comments:

Post a Comment