Saturday, April 23, 2016

General Reference: Indexing

There are list of things that must be accomplished upon entering the General Reference Section. Indexing, Cataloging, A group project, Reference Services and Manning the Internet Counter.



First you are to be given a book about the people in the Philippines. Mostly these are reference books regarding the national heroes, the cabinets members of the Senate and etc.

Second, you must make a record in the ilib database for each person.

Third, make proper subject headings for each person.



I did indexing for most of my stay in the General Reference Section.

Step 1 (IPB)

Step 2 (IPB)

Step 3: Copy and Paste the template and edit

Step 4: Adding the accession number

There was one instance I used the account of Sir Eli and it got a bit tricky when I was doing my IPB since I have to add an additional step in saving.

I would basically change the section from cataloging to General Reference 




No comments:

Post a Comment