Saturday, April 23, 2016

General Reference: Internet Counter and Control Desk

Internet counter is soo stressful. I got plenty of errors especially during the computation of hours. I suck at math okay so I need a lot of assistance and the library staff wasn’t helpful because they told me to do it manually and I was struggling and the line was getting longer and I was getting anxious and a bit flustered because I feel their stares at me, judging me.

And here I thought this section would be the most fun and it is if not stressful. Eventually I got the hang of it. The computation thanks to excel and the patience of the students waiting, I still get errors here and there but hey I am only human after all.


with the students ID and their Pink Cards.
The reservation for the discussion is a bit stressful as well and here I thought night shift would be a bit more lax. Hell no! Anyways two or three group of students waiting in line for the discussion room and I am like looking for a needle in a hay stack looking for the said student/s so that they could get their reservation in order (hinanap ko pa sila para ibigay ang free slot para naman may use ang nireserve nila) I ain’t like the library staff, well some of them to say the least, that doesn’t care about the patrons even if I have a lot of work to do.
 This is how I "did-the-math" while on the internet counter.
I screenshot it because I can't make it in an image. 
But this is how I "did-the-math" while I was on the internet counter


This is the end product or rather the number of users I got to handle while being on the internet counter.
In the internet counter you are also in charge in handling the lost and found service. I dealt with one or two particular students who lost something throughout the day.

Internet counter point of view

This task is not part of the list of items that we should do but due to lack of personnel, I was tasked to man the control counter for a few minutes.
















No comments:

Post a Comment