Tuesday, March 29, 2016

UARD: Desk Service/ Reference Service

On my last section of the UARD section. I did reference work.

I was given the task to look at every Philippinensians specifically years from 1950's to 1960's and look for the ROTC section and give it to the librarian on duty.

The librarian oriented me at how the organization of the archives section. So basically some are not in sequence. For example the 1960's are not near the 1950's or that the other works of  particular author has another set of collection hidden in a room but it can be borrowed and browse. 




After finishing the task and orientation, I sat down at the reference desk and waited for a reference request.


Reference Desk in the Archive Section


I have to say that even though Archive work is a bit... dull. I like the historical vibe I get when entering in that section. Though the organization is a jungle, I got the hang of it afterwards. In my interpretation; archives work is about sorting through the files, organizing them and preserve them.


No comments:

Post a Comment