Thursday, February 25, 2016

Indexing: Encode and Indexing Newpaper

As I was finishing encoding the rest of the articles in People Asia in the IPP, I said to myself: "Hey Indexing isn't that tedious after all". Well besides the subject headings that is. But the thing about indexing magazine articles especially one as People Asia's is that the subject headings are the people talked about in the article themselves and what profession they have.

After encoding, Sir Emar gave me Manila Bulletin, a newspaper. Basically its the same as indexing People Asia but this time the subject headings must be precise and on point--meaning it can range from 4 to 6 subject headings per indexed article. So what i did first was indexed the articles without subject headings and plan to return to them since the database for subject headings buffers from time to time.

Like the Magazine, I written my indexed newspaper articles on a 3 by 5 paper and compiled them all.

















No comments:

Post a Comment