Tuesday, March 29, 2016

UARD: Bindery last moments

March was not my month since I only did my OJT once a week. Yes this month was not my month so I was back tracked by a mile.

When I returned to the bindery section I was introduced by the eve present Pearl Glue scent and my unfinished work. 

I was introduced at how to hammer in and shape the spine in a concave manner. It needs finesse and accuracy that I still don't get. After which I got introduced to other types of sewing methods. So far I know the cross over and the usual sewing method that I forgot the name. I did as well the book cover of the books.

I'll miss this workstation of mine

The letters for stamping 

The Stamper

The compressor

The materials

The hammer

The scissors and nails

The "other" materials


Covering the books can be difficult since it must be smooth and the spine must be perfect. Honestly I will never understand how Sir can say that what I did was not on point when in my point of view it is. 

Binders Eye of View.

What I like the most in Bindery was marking the books with their title and author with the stamper. It was a bit tedious but I got the hang of it after a few trials.

Bindery is a man's work (sorry for being sexist). I am not "cut-out" for Bindery.

The outcome



No comments:

Post a Comment